Leadership, Management, and Strategy Specialist
May 6th, 2015
The goals of the partnership between the Ministry of Health and the affiliated US nursing schools in the Rwanda HRH consortium include the following:
- Develop the clinical, teaching, and research skills of current and future nursing and midwifery faculty
- Improve the quality of nursing and midwifery education at clinical sites
- Develop the capacity of the Nursing and Midwifery Council to license and register nurses and midwives, develop professional standards, accredit educational programs, provide for continuing education and all other functions necessary to maintain a professional nursing and midwifery workforce.
- Dramatically increase the percentage of nurses and midwives with at least a diploma from a 3-year nursing and midwifery school
- Create clear pathways for nursing and midwifery students to advance from A2 (secondary school diploma) to 3- year diploma to Bachelor’s degree to Master’s Degree through curriculum development, development of distance learning technology and content, and development of national policy to support these efforts.
- Ensure an adequate number of highly educated and skilled Rwandan nursing and midwifery educators to sustain and advance high quality education once the HRH Program is phased out
The following is a list of Leadership, Management, and Strategy Specialist positions available. The first four positions are based at the University of Rwanda at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) campus in Kigali and the last position position is based at the Rwanda Military Hospital, also in Kigali.
|Year 4 Position Title||Location||Duration (Months)||Positions Available|
|Distance & E-Learning Educator||CMHS||12||1|
|Mental Health Educator||CMHS||12||1|
|Partner to the Director of the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Research||CMHS||12||1|
|Partner to the Director of Nursing, Rwanda Military Hospital||RMH||12||1|